[gmx-developers] virial

Jason de Joannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Tue Nov 21 21:41:09 CET 2006

 From the manual and the code, it looks like Gromacs uses the atomic
virial. I think that is besides the point.

Why does Gromacs use f[i] which (I think) contains all bonded and
nonbonded forces? After all the derivative resp. volume scaling
vanishes for some of the bonded forces.

Also, the manual describes the SHAKE virial but what about LINCS?

Also, where can I find a little more info on the fr->fshift contribution.
On the mailing list archive someone explained that this comes from
forces on the 27 unit cells. Is that explained in the manual or
somewhere?

/Jason