[gmx-developers] GROMACS performance on Opteron Dual Core processors!

Kazem Jahanbakhsh k_jahanbakhsh at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 10:42:54 CEST 2006

  David van der Spoel wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion. N is the number of cores, so N is 1 for an old
>opteron, if N is 4 it means 2 dual-core chips. One new core is faster than >one old opteron.

  Thanks for your attention. I didn't find out what does "Opteron-DC" stand for? Please tell me what is the differences between the "Opteron" processor types with N=2 or N=4 and "Opteron-DC" processor types with similar number of cores (N=2 or 4) which you have brought in your single processor benchmarks. Can you tell me some examples from the real AMD chipset models that exists in the market today?

  regards,
  Jahanbakhsh