[gmx-developers] pbc_dx function

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 10 17:24:25 CEST 2006

Assuming the .gro file format has not changed since your version of gromacs:

1. gromacs3.x/trjconv -f orig.xtc -o orig.gro
2. gromacs3.x/trjconv -f orig.gro -o orig_single.gro -b 0 -e 10.1 (or
whatever to get a single frame)
3. gromacs1.x/grompp -f orig_single.gro -o new.tpr
4. gromacs1.x/trjconv -f orig.gro -o new.xtc

I have never done this myself, but it should work and require only
that the .gro format is consistent betewwn version. If the gro format
differs, you could probably write a script to reformat the orig.gro
trajectory.