[gmx-developers] Re: Force calculation

Chenyue Xing cxing at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 17 01:57:56 CEST 2006

Plus, with the first case r=z running EM (steep)
the result gives potential energy reaches xxx (a reasonable number) and max
force = inf on atom xxxx, norm of force = xxx ( a huge number).

while with force in z component only (set fx, fy to 0, actually) running EM
(steep)
potential energy, max force and norm of force are all reasonable.