[gmx-developers] Re: Force calculation

Chenyue Xing cxing at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 18 21:11:32 CEST 2006

>From Anton's advices, huge force comes from a small z (with relatively large
x and y), but real r is larger than z which should give a normal force. (If
I don't understand wrong, those particles are exposed to unreasonable close
interactions)

Talking about the real r2
If z < cutoff but r2 > cutoff, it's not in the neighborlist (a)
If z > cutoff, it's anyway not in the neighborlist (b)
only real r2<cutoff will appear in neighborlist. (c)

Currently, only type (c) is in the neighborlist. Some border case of type
(a) (relatively large x,y enter the neighborlist) seems to cause problems.
So might be a good trial to eliminate those?