[gmx-developers] Current status FFTW-3D

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Sun Aug 5 21:11:52 CEST 2007

Hi Roland,

Wiki is pretty much up-to-date on the FFT stuff - I haven't had time
for it myself (working on free energy perturbation right now) and my
students seem to be busy :-)

There are some auxiliary projects involving more optimized FFT
routines, but the primary project is mostly an exercise in book-
keeping and efficient MPI communication. Essentially, the parallel
version should use pre-existing 1D FFT calls and enable full 1D/2D/3D
decomposition of the entire grid (currently we only do 1D).

Cheers,

Erik