[gmx-developers] gromacs-3.3.2-1.x86_64 installation

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 5 02:03:04 CET 2007

> yup, it is..and my other prob is I'm also not accustomed to linux...but I
> have to learn...for my thesis. Thanks for the immediate response.
>
> I think your suggestion worked because the installation now initializes...
> but here's what it states:
>
> file /usr/share/man/man1/disco.1.gz from install of gromacs-3.3.2-1
> conflicts with file from package mono-web-1.1.17.1-3.fc6
>
> it still doesn't proceed...

Part of learning is learning how to work out your own problems. The
message here is telling you what the problem is... there's a file in
package mono-web that conflicts with one in gromacs. So you could look at
the man page for rpm and find out out to uninstall mono-web, or how to
force rpm to let gromacs overwrite it.

Either way, this is still an rpm question, not a gromacs question so you
shouldn't be expecting a pinpoint-helpful answer from this list. David's
answer told you how to get around your problem, but doing what he suggests
can create other problems. I've suggested how to find out enough about
your options to make an informed choice of your own. Good luck.