[gmx-developers] g_lie

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue Jun 5 11:34:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've been contacted lately by someone trying to do LIE with gromacs
using g_lie. The tool as it currently stands does not appear to be
useful. It takes only one energy file, and does not report the
individual energy components, only the estimated DG (and a list of
energy group names used). I haven't been able to locate any recent
discussion on its use or design on the mailing lists.

I have a version that should be run twice, once for the unboud and once
for the bound simulation. For the first run, it reports the LJ and Coul
energy components, which must be supplied to the latter g_lie run.

A number of alternative schemes could be considered, but as it now
stands, the g_lie that comes with Gromacs cannot do what it should.
What are your thoughts (if any) on what the tool should do?

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)          |