[gmx-developers] GPU Code?

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 30 19:28:54 CEST 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Erik Lindahl wrote:

[...]

EL> > still be a good starting point.
EL>
EL> The GPU code isn't available for the time being; we're keeping it
EL> internal to a collaboration with Vijay's group until we've managed to
EL> make it slightly more generally usable so we at least can publish the
EL> algorithms/implementation before giving it away to the world :-) The
EL> problem isn't "implicit solvent", but even getting neighborlists to
EL> work, and that it partly relies on non-disclosure stuff from ATI that
EL> we aren't allowed to redistribute.

how about efforts towards writing a CUDA kernel using nVidia hardware?

which is now available without NDA.
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda.html

i've seen reports that people have managed to get over 700GFlOp/s
out of a single box with three Nvidia Geforce 88XX cards.
they also have a BLAS/FFT interface etc.

cheers,
  axel.