[gmx-developers] Reading charmm dcd files

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sun Nov 4 14:50:45 CET 2007

On 11/3/07, Ran Friedman, Biochemisches Inst. <r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch> wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> I'm thinking about writing a dcd reader (and writer) for gromacs. I've been
> searching the mailing lists, but found mostly references to other programs.
> I wonder if anybody already has some experience with it?

ran,

the big question of course is: why?
is there a special application where you need .dcd format?

how about interfacing gromacs to the molfile library of VMD?
this way, you'd be able to read/write a large variety of MD file
formats (including .dcd). within several of the plugins you can also
find information on how the respective files are written.

cheers,
    axel.