[gmx-developers] multiple xtc output files (optionally in chunks)

Berk Hess hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Oct 19 16:17:35 CEST 2007

>>I agree, but what we should implement, and what is also on the todo list
>>on the wiki, is to be able to analyze N trajectories as one, e.g.
>>g_hbond -f a.xtc b.xtc c.xtc and so on.
>>

>This is obviously a useful development in any case. But it's not a replacement
>for multiple output (in case one needs e.g. certain coordinates more frequently
>than others).

The question is then is we should have a predefined number of xtc groups
or have it completely flexible.

How many different time scales could one have?

A solution which I actually did use (so now I do remember having needed
something
like this) is applying trjconv after each 24 hour queue run to select
the parts
of the xtc files I wanted at different frequencies.

So would 2 be enough?

Berk.