[gmx-developers] automake errors during cvs head installation

Daniel Larsson larsson at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Oct 23 18:49:44 CEST 2007

Dear list,

When I try to install the latest cvs head version I get about 30
errors in the automake step of the bootstrap script:

configure.ac:11: option `tar-ustar' not recognized
configure.ac:11: option `tar-ustar' not recognized
etc.

According to the wiki, automake of version 1.5 or later should be
used. My version is GNU automake 1.6.3. When it downloaded version
1.5d of GNU automake I got the same errors and additionally:

configure.ac:21: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:375: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:376: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

This was been done in Mac OS X 10.4.10. Thankful for suggestions.

With best regards,
Daniel