[gmx-developers] energy distribution

Robert Vacha robert.vacha at marge.uochb.cas.cz
Wed Apr 9 09:47:49 CEST 2008

Yes indeed, I'd like to calculate histogram in energy of molecular
interactions. It's possible do it now by defining the solute molecule
and then separately all solvent molecules as energy groups, writing
interaction energies for all of them them and then making histograms,
but this is very slow and unpractical. That's why I'd like to implement
it either to the main run - (one would set in mdp input that he wants
histogram in interaction energies of some groups plus the size of
histogram grid) or in the separate script (this made sense only if it's
possible easily call some gromacs functions that would calculate the
interaction energies).

Cheers,

Robert