[gmx-developers] econq settings in constrain()

Berk Hess hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Thu Dec 18 20:16:57 CET 2008

Hi,

During normal MD the constraint matrix is mass weighted, since the forces
worked on the constraints need be removed, but you are actually constraining
the coordinates or velocities. If you are, in fact, constraining the
force themselves
the constraint matrices should not be mass weighted.
When doing em the masses in t_mdatoms are all set to 1.
So I guess for your case you can just choose an energy minimizer
"integrator"
and then things will work correctly.

But actually you can probably directly use the evaluate_energy call in
minimize.c.
We should really make a Gromacs API that does such things for you,
but we currently don't have the manpower for such projects.

Berk