[gmx-developers] does grompp utilize forces from .trr files

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Feb 3 18:33:10 CET 2008

Quoting David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>:

> chris.neale at utoronto.ca wrote:
>> Does anybody know if grompp uses the forces from a loaded .trr file in
>> order to create the .tpr file?
> no

Thanks, I am happy to hear that.

>> My interest is based on the fact that trjconv does not appear to
>> deshuffle forces as it does for coordinates and velocities as
>> presented in a recent gromacs thread starting here:
>> http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-January/031970.html
> does shuffling work correctly with the -force flag?

No. Without the -force flag, forces are not output at all. With the
-force flag, they are out but they are not affected by the -n option
to tpbconv. I posted a possible fix here and some very simple testing:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2008-January/031993.html