[gmx-developers] gmxtest and GROMACS cvs again

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Fri Feb 8 09:49:56 CET 2008

Hi Rafael,

the CVS version is by it's very nature changing from day to day. I guess
that there is no use to update the test suite until the CVS version is
in a stable state.

The 'simple' neighboursearching type will work on a single processor.
For the tests with domain decomposition, try setting ns-type to 'grid'
in the mdp file.

The fourier grid in x- and y-dimension (nkx, nky in the tpr dump /
fourier_nx, fourier_ny in the mdp file) has to be a multiple of the
number of PME processors - which is equal to the total number of
processors you use for a simulation unless you specify separate PME
nodes with the -npme flag. So you could also set fourier_nx = fourier_ny
= 28 in the mpd file for the nacl test to be able to run on 2
processors. OR use the 3.3 grompp to produce the mdp files since it will
automatically set the fourier grid to fit the number of processors.

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Kutzner
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Department