[gmx-developers] re: Energy and Foreign Lambdas and Hamiltonian Replica

Berk Hess hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Feb 15 17:12:18 CET 2008

Hi,

That code is probably only for efficiently determining the potential
energy at a different
lambda than that of the actual run. This is useful for determining the
exchange probability.

But one could also just use the average dH/dlambda of the two replicas
multiplied
by delta lambda. This is very easy to code.
I was actually thinking of doing this, but I currently don't need it myself.
To make it more efficient, you probably also want to be able to add a
biasing potential
which is a function of lambda.

Berk.