[gmx-developers] Zero cell size

Berk Hess hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Jul 22 15:56:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is a bug that only shows up with certain compilers or a compiler bug.
This probably means that you will have to do some debugging.
I ran an x86_64 gcc binary through valgrind and found no memory problems.

The fatal error is generated in set_dd_ns_cell_sizes in domdec.c.
I would guess that the DD cell fractions are zero, but I don't know
why this is so.
I have committed some minor changes in domdec.c, but I don't expect
any effect of these on your problems.

You can run mdrun -debug 1 with both binaries and compare mdrun0.log.
But I don't think this will tell you much.
I expect it would also go wrong with only 2 cores.
Then you can relatively easily use a debugger to trace why the cell
fractions
are zero.

Berk.