[gmx-developers] BlueGene

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:31:42 CEST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Roland Schulz wrote:

RS> Hi,
RS>
RS> I already commited them to CVS. This timing is after fixing the include
RS> statements. Without the intrinsic (the default) non-bonded kernel I get only
RS> .3Gflop/s (/2 of with).

roland,

have you compared to the fortran kernel? last time i compiled gmx on
a bg/l the fortran kernel was significantly faster than the c kernel.

i also remember having to make a few adjustments that i posted here,
but didn't show up in the cvs. we've stopped using gmx on the bg/l
(too depressingly slow) since, so i didn't care much anymore.

i'm certain, i have the scripts and patches somewhere stashed away.
so if you are curious, give me a holler and i'll start digging.

cheers,
   axel.