[gmx-developers] problem about Gromacs CVS version 3.3.99_development_200800503 parallel efficiency

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 15:04:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is related to the type of your network connection.

If it is just ethernet, such low CPU utilization is expected. Also, if
your system has a small number of atoms, the speed-up through parallel
is also small.

So, reduce the number of parallel, or wait for Gromacs 4, or change to a
better inter-node network (Infiniband, etc), sorted according to
required time, IMHO.

Regards,
Yang Ye