[gmx-developers] Re: What is dH/dl functional for Coulomb interaction?

Leontyev Igor ileontyev at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jun 25 00:44:14 CEST 2008

Dear Gerrit,
The fist issue from which I started investigation of this question was
indeed: "What interactions are excluded from the energy?"  To simplify the
question I considered the model system (two point charges, see original
message) with no unperturbed atoms and made sure that there is no excluded
energy groups (in mdp-file) and excluded interactions (in topology). Each
point charge is specified as separate molecule. Thus, the interactions  for
which "charges of both atoms involved in the interaction are scaled by
lambda," should be present in reported below energies. I don't use QM/MM,
the "QM-system" is just synonym of "solute" or "perturbed system."

Igor