[gmx-developers] md.c: do_force()

Mitchell Stanton-Cook s4026869 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 27 10:10:47 CET 2008

Hi,

I have been modifying orires.c to allow for continuation of time
averaging runs.

In the current state, no time averaging data is stored and the restraint
energy is reset when starting from a checkpoint.

In order to accomplish this task I have need to store- Dtav, xref, and
exp_min_t_tau at checkpoints and re-initialise them .

Unfortunately I am having a problem as the coordinates get shifted on a
re-run. I have tracked down what I believe is the offending code  to
here (from L617 md.c - gmx331):

 else {
      /* The coordinates (x) are shifted (to get whole molecules) in
do_force
       * This is parallellized as well, and does communication too.
       * Check comments in sim_util.c
       */

      do_force(log,cr,mcr,inputrec,nsb,step,&mynrnb,top,grps,
           state->box,state->x,f,buf,mdatoms,ener,fcd,bVerbose && !PAR(cr),
           state->lambda,graph,
           TRUE,bNS,FALSE,TRUE,fr,mu_tot,FALSE,t,fp_field,edyn);
    }

My question is -

Would there be any severe consequences of re-initialising the the
coordinates to the checkpoint time values after calling this routine?

Cheers

Mitch

--
Mitchell Jon Stanton-Cook