[gmx-developers] Error compiling source from CVS

Peter Eastman peastman at stanford.edu
Tue May 6 01:33:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm attempting to compile the latest version from CVS, which I checked
out by following the instructions at http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/CVS_HowTo
.  After compiling for a while, it fails with the following error
message:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `gmx_helixorient.c', needed by
`gmx_helixorient.lo'.  Stop.

I confirmed that there is no such file as "gmx_helixorient.c", but
that it is mentioned in Makefile.am.  Am I doing something wrong, or
is there an inconsistency between the files in the repository?

Thanks for your help.

Peter