[gmx-developers] Using C++ with Gromacs

Peter Eastman peastman at stanford.edu
Thu May 8 02:40:22 CEST 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> i just dug out an old c++ code that i wrote using automake.
> this may be too obvious, but have you tried renaming your
> file from .cpp to .cc?

Good suggestion.  That didn't fix it, unfortunately, but it was worth
a try.

I'm compiling with gcc on Mac OS X.  Since the C++ file *does* get
compiled if I add it to libgmxpreprocess at LIBSUFFIX@_la_SOURCES instead
of mdrun_SOURCES, it's clearly something a little more subtle than
that.  Perhaps I'll try the "separate library" approach and see if I
can then convince it to link properly.

Peter