[gmx-developers] Using C++ with Gromacs

Peter Eastman peastman at stanford.edu
Thu May 8 02:53:19 CEST 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 4:40 PM, Erik Lindahl wrote:

> Just out of curiosity - since I actually do like many things with
> object orientation - do you know of _any_ successful truly portable
> example of such a C++ library? (that people actually are using from
> other languages to a large extent).

The ones that immediately spring to mind for me are Open Dynamics
Engine and Crystal Space 3D.  Naturally, this depends on what you mean
by "portable".  OpenMM will only really be useful if you have a recent
NVidia or ATI GPU and are using an OS and compiler that supports the
appropriate programming environment (CUDA or Brook+).  So we only have
a narrow range of configurations we're concerned about supporting in
the near term.

Peter