[gmx-developers] Live Visualization of Simulations

Martin Höfling martin.hoefling at gmx.de
Thu May 22 13:51:59 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008 schrieb Mark Abraham:
> Martin Höfling wrote:
> > Hello again,
> >
> > I really would like to see some sort of visualization of running
> > simulations. First question would be if there's anybody else working on
> > it to bundle efforts....
> >
> > My thougts about it were to implement simple additional "trajectory
> > writing" via xml-rpc to a running xml-rpc enabled pymol session (not
> > necessarily on the same machine). This would introduce dependency of the
> > xml-rpc C library and probably introduces some latencies (...shouldn't be
> > used for long production runs). Do you have any other suggestions or
> > comments about it?
>
> NAMD has some capability along these lines.

Yepp, including live feedback integrated into vmd and other nice toys. I am
basically only interested in monitoring short simulations and don't wanna
switch to NAMD for this.

Best
	Martin

--
Paulus schrieb an die Idioten:
Euch schreib ich nicht - lernt erstmal quoten.
[Andreas Luebbecke, de.soc.netzkultur.umgangsformen, 17.7.2000]