[gmx-developers] Pointer arithmetic

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Oct 15 10:52:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

it seems that newer C-libraries on Linux boxes are more picky on how to
treat memory and pointers. I have recently fixed some old code
(mshift.c) containing pointer arithmetic in 4.0 which is used only when
using particle decomposition. However the same problem is in the 3.3
tree, I intend to fix it there as well. Are there other places where
this is done?

We should probably try to fix another few bugs from bugzilla and then
release 3.3.4 and 4.0.1.