[gmx-developers] trjconv defaults

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Oct 17 18:21:45 CEST 2008

David Mobley wrote:
> That's a good idea. Anything to make this more transparent would help, I think.
>
> David
>

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Berk Hess <hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de> wrote:
>> We could implement a proper solution for this.
>>
>> An option one would be:
>> -pbc nojump
>> center on protein
>> -pbc mol
>> But then all in one call of trjconv

We should probably implement something where we  do operations on
trajectories in the order of the command line. All the operations then
have to go into subroutines and we would introduce a loop over the
options. In that manner the main loop becomes much simpler, and one
could do anything that trjconv can do in go instead of calling it many
times. It would be much faster as well.

>> Berk

>>> Id also like to second this - the right magic trick to get ligands
>>> to be in their binding site is somtimes quite complicated
>>> - cluster has worked for me but also gets into an infinite loop sometimes
>>> - Im still running 3.3.1 to maintain numerical consistency - ie.
>>> I can reproduce trajectories at the binary level
>>>
>>> David

David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Professor of Biology
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755