[gmx-developers] [Fwd: Re: Water Kinetics]

Omer Markovitch omermar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:19:04 CEST 2008

OK,
For my protein, a native contact within 2 residues or 2 atoms is defined
according to the CSU algorithm. In other words - for each native contact, I
have its sigma - the minimum distance, taken from the PDB file.
With that sigma, I have defined, for each contact, a Lennard-Jones force. I
have added this force in the topology file.
Now, DURING the simulation, I would like to know how many of these contacts
are still intact, that is - how many contacts obey, say, to a distance of
1.5*sigma.

Now, I could do this analysis by taking a trajectory file that Gromacs has
already outputed, but I think its neater if I'll do this DURING the
simulation.
Meaning I want to add to the source code a function that will receive a list
of my sigma_per_contact, and will output the fraction of native contacts
that currently obey 1.5*sigma.
Additionally, I would like to print the relevant energies, so I could use
the WHAM algorithm.

You help is appreciated. Omer Markovitch.

Koby Levy research group,
Weizmann Institute of Science.
http://www.weizmann.ac.il/sb/faculty_pages/Levy/