[gmx-developers] Denied access to CVS instructions

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Sep 15 19:10:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Monday, 15. September 2008, Jim Kress wrote:
> Unfortunately, when I follow the instructions at
>
> > http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/CVS_HowTo

try

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gromacs.org:/home/gmx/cvs login

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.gromacs.org:/home/gmx/cvs co gmx

This checks out the current development version of gromacs.

greetings,

Florian

> All I get is version 3.3.3.  How do I get version 4.1?
>
> Jim

> > Message: 1
> > Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 12:05:13 -0400
> > From: "Jim Kress" <ccl_nospam at kressworks.com>
> > Subject: [gmx-developers] Denied access to CVS instructions
> > To: <gmx-developers at gromacs.org>
> >
> > "To do development with the GROMACS libraries you also need
> > the corresponding devel packages. In case you are interested
> > in read-only access to the CVS repository you can check these
> > instructions. "
> >
> > After logon with my gromacs account and then when I click on
> > the "these instructions" link, I receive an error message
> > stating "You are not authorised to view this resource."  How
> > do I get past this and get access to
> > v4 on the CVS tree?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jim Kress
> >

> > ------------------------------
> >
> > Message: 2
> > Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:14:13 +0200
> > From: David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
> > Subject: Re: [gmx-developers] Denied access to CVS instructions
> > To: Discussion list for GROMACS development
> > 	<gmx-developers at gromacs.org>
> >
> > Jim Kress wrote:
> > > "To do development with the GROMACS libraries you also need the
> > > corresponding devel packages. In case you are interested in
> >
> > read-only
> >
> > > access to the CVS repository you can check these instructions. "
> > >
> > > After logon with my gromacs account and then when I click on the
> > > "these instructions" link, I receive an error message
> >
> > stating "You are
> >
> > > not authorised to view this resource."  How do I get past
> >
> > this and get
> >
> > > access to
> > > v4 on the CVS tree?
> >
> > Checkout:
> >
> > http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/CVS_HowTo
> >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Jim Kress

> > > Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
> > > interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.
> >
> > --
> > David van der Spoel, Ph.D., Professor of Biology Molec.
> > Biophys. group, Dept. of Cell & Molec. Biol., Uppsala University.
> > Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205.
> > Fax: +4618511755.
> > spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se	spoel at gromacs.org   http://folding.bmc.uu.se

> > End of gmx-developers Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Telephone:  	+49(0) − 9131 − 85 26573
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de