[gmx-developers] how to extend a run using tpbconv?

spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it
Tue Sep 16 19:02:31 CEST 2008

Hi Berk,
thanks for your reply. I followed your suggestion but I did not work.
Basically:
1. tpbconv -s old -extend (or until) -o new -> it does not work (it ask
for trr)

2. tpbconv -s old -nsteps -o new
2a. mdrun -s new -cpi file.cpt
it crashes with this error:

Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0_beta1
Source code file: domdec.c, line: 5627

Fatal error:
The size of the domain decomposition grid (12) does not match the number
of nodes (24). The total number of nodes is
 24

The only way to get to work it is in the old fashion:
tpbconv -s -extend -o new -f -e
mdrun -s new (without file.cpt)

I am just wondering wheter the last procedure is still correct.

Thanks in advance

andrea

Andrea Spitaleri PhD
Dulbecco Telethon Institute