[gmx-developers] Makefile for template.c

Erik Lindahl lindahl at cbr.su.se
Tue Sep 30 09:07:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Sep 29, 2008, at 7:04 PM, David van der Spoel wrote:

> OK, why don't we put it in the src/tools directory then? Many people
> may not even find it.
>
> The advantage with having it in contrib is that you can meddle with
> all the code without breaking the normal gromacs tools. The only
> disadvantage is that one would have to download another tarball.

Because it's not a binary, but a source file that should be installed
under the "prefix" tree together with an appropriate makefile
(configured the same way gromacs was) - the point is that after
installation the user should have access to template.c without keeping
the entire gromacs source tree around!

Then I don't mind having another couple of simple examples in a
separate contrib package too, of course ;-)

Cheers,

Erik