[gmx-developers] error with .edr's

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 04:19:04 CEST 2009

Hi, all-

I'm in the process of getting my velocity verlet code ready to merge
with the CVS, and am having problems reading .edr's produced with the
cvs code, read by the cvs code.  I'm getting errors of the form:

Program gmxdump, VERSION 4.0.99_development_20090307
Source code file: enxio.c, line: 285

Software inconsistency error:
Problem with reading old format energy files
For more information and tips for trouble shooting please check the
GROMACS Wiki at
http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors

These are .edr files produced by the cvs code, read by the cvs code;
so there shouldn't be a file difference.

Is this a known issue?

I tried to attach Input files (.top .mdp., gro), but the email got
held up in the moderation queue -- I can provide them if nobody else
is seeing this issue.

Thanks!