[gmx-developers] regression tests - git failing?

Berk Hess hess at cbr.su.se
Fri Aug 7 10:34:28 CEST 2009

I don't agree.

Of course people run NPT ensembles, but we should have only three two
tests for this:
one NVT and one NPT test.
We want tests to diagnose a problem, not having all test sets fail with
virial issues
because I changed a detail in the Berendsen thermostat.
What we do want is complex tests sets that test nearly everything at the
same time:
NPT, twin-range, position restaints, free energy, etc, to make sure that
there are no problems
when combining algorithms.

Copying test set input files is a very bad idea, these test sets are
made to test parts of the code,
not at all to produce physically meaningful output. The test sets are
surely the worst place
to copy input files from.

Berk