[gmx-developers] Missing things in copy_QMrec?

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Fri Dec 11 09:14:57 CET 2009

Hi Ake,

That is weird. the options are not supposed to have an effect on the
routines in qm_gamess.c. The only effect is that MM particles might
appear that have no charge, which should have no effect on the
computation of the wavefunction.

The option is meant to let the QM program carryout the optimization of
the QM subsystem, keeping the MM atoms frozen.
But the convergence was poor, and I no longer believe this is the right
way to optimize a structure.

I am convinced now I shuld remove these options asap.

Gerrit