[gmx-developers] Missing things in copy_QMrec?

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Fri Dec 11 10:56:18 CET 2009

> Well at least most of them, although it creates more questions due to my
> lack of understanding :-)
>
> 1 - what are the LJ parameters?

Parameters for the Lennard-Jones potential, i.e. C6 and C12. This potential describes the dispersion and repulsion between atoms, the so-called Van der Waals interactions

> 2 - "perform a transition state optimization" that would be the bTS
> flag?

Yes.

> 3 - "height of the barrier" is that a cut-of where they should be
> ignored or something?

No, the height of the barrier between the reactants and products on the potential energy surface.
The rate of a reaction is determined by the barrier, which in turn can be influences by the environment (the protein).

Gerrit