[gmx-developers] Implementation of H-bond analysis

Emanuel Peter Emanuel.Peter at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Feb 12 10:19:23 CET 2009

Quoting David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>:

> Emanuel Peter wrote:
> > Quoting Anton Feenstra <feenstra at few.vu.nl>:

> gmx_hbond'
> >> into
> >> -hbn)
> into
> >> function
> >> get
> >> step in
> write_trn.
> >> Why do you not read the trajectory (while the mdrun is still
> >> running),
> >> and analyze that with g_hbond?
> >>
> >> If you want to do anything specific with the D-H-A list during the
> >> run,
> >> you should probably be thinking about a new interaction function.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Groetjes,
> >>
> >> Anton
> >>   _____________
> >> _______________________________________________________
> >> |             |

> Netherlands

> P136

> >> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
> >> www interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.
> >>

> > Dear developers,
> >
> > I need to implement this h_bond-analysis D-H-A into the runprogram.
> > Someone asked me why not to write it in a kind of a perl script
> that
> > connects mdrun with a frequent use of the g_hbond tool.
> > At this stage I think it would be the best to implement a new
> > interaction function with parts taken out of the g_hbond analysis
> tool.
> > One of the main problems in the source code of Gromacs is that
> there is
> > a huge amount of different functions which sometimes are declared
> > anywhere but not in the headers that I was looking for.
> >
> Maybe you can be a bit more specific on what you want to do.
> There may be stuff in gromacs that you don't know about yet that may
> be
> helpful for your project.
>

> > Greetings,
> >
> > Emanuel

> > www interface or send it to gmx-developers-request at gromacs.org.

> Molec. Biophys. group, Dept. of Cell & Molec. Biol., Uppsala
> University.
> Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:	+46184714205. Fax:
> +4618511755.
> spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se	spoel at gromacs.org   http://folding.bmc.uu.se

Dear developers,

At this first step of my project I want to change gromacs in that way to
do a h_bond-analysis every nth step.
I wish to get an Donor-hydrogen-acceptor index file from my current
structure of my simulated protein after for example every 10th step.
After this change in mdrun.h, md.c or stat.c I would like to have 10
D-H-A index files after 100 md steps.
I need this kind of output for further implementations after this
frequent h-bond-analyses.
The h-bond tool produces with input -hbn the same D-H-A index list, but
externally.

Greetings,

Emanuel