[gmx-developers] load balancing

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Fri Feb 13 18:19:55 CET 2009

Hi Berk,

is there a way to get more information about the load balancing? Did you use
some (profiling) tools to optimize it? I would like to see why the load
balancing is not able to balance the load very efficiently for very high
core numbers (>6000 without PME). I would like to see information as:
- which nodes are taking longer
- which subroutines are to blame for that
- is the load imbalance stable over time (or is it in each step different
nodes that have to much load)

I tried craypat and tau but so far were not really able to get very
meaningful results.

Roland