[gmx-developers] rebuild the .traj file from .gro files

hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Feb 20 08:07:33 CET 2009

Hi,

gro files can also contain velocities, in that case there are
6 columuns of floating point numbers iso 3.
trjconv will also convert the velocities.

Restarting a trajectory from gro can be done with grompp.
You loose a bit of precision in the restart coordinates and velocities,
but for most purposes this is irrelevant.

Berk