[gmx-developers] analysis with Amber trajectory files

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 22 17:41:47 CET 2009

oguz gurbulak wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> First of all, I want to thank you for your attention. I got the script
> and I will definitely use it for my study. I'm also an Amber user. Amber
> mostly products a mdout, a mdcrd an a rst file at the end of a md.
> Should I also convert the rst file that includes last coordinates of the
> system and use this  in Gromacs ? What do you thing about that ? Because
> I'm new to Gromacs and want to learn the accurate procedure. And Does
> Gromacs convert the angs to nm by itself ?

What you use for analysis is really dependent upon the type of analysis you want
to conduct.  There is nothing special about how you analyze your results, just
because you are using Gromacs.  How would you analyze a trajectory under Amber?

Gromacs can use .pdb files as input, so conversion of A -> nm is really superfluous.

I agree with Mark, further discussion really belongs on gmx-users, since that is
the point of that listserv, and you will reach a wider audience of users who may
be doing some of the same things.

-Justin