[gmx-developers] grompp .mdp processing

hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de hessb at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Sun Feb 22 22:29:15 CET 2009

Hi,

I would never use includes and defines (I use scripts
to produce mdp files)
and it slightly complicates the mdp file reading,
but it might be useful. So I'll leave this decision
up to others.

I don't agree with allowing multiple assignments,
unless this is by default turned off in grompp and
you can turn it on with a grompp option, or maybe a first
mdp option.
It can happen very easily that you accidentally add
an option that was already this. The current check for
double options has detected this for me several times.

Berk