[gmx-developers] grompp .mdp processing

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 22 23:57:39 CET 2009

Sander Pronk wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've made some changes to grompp (not committed yet) that:
>
> - will allow the use of cpp-style #include and #define in .mdp files
> (useful for setting up multiple similar simulations, but also for
> tutorials).

That looks good to me. I also generate my .mdp files with scripts, but
this feature would enable me to avoid that.

> - allows multiple assignments of .mdp parameters, through overrides so
> that the last assignment is the one that counts.

Doing so always and silently would be asking for trouble, however if
they're only enabled with -m, and come with a note to the user when
they've occurred, that should be useful in a few corner cases.