[gmx-developers] New statistics mini-library

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Feb 23 21:36:24 CET 2009

Hi,

I've implemented a small library with some statistics functions
(line-fitting, correlation coefficient, histograms and a bit more),
based on old code that was shattered around the analysis tools, but with
a cleaner interface, and with a test program. The idea is to extend the
library with more general statistics functions as may be needed (e.g.
stuff from g_analyze).

The  question I have is whether this should be made part of the analysis
library or the gmx library, and whether this should be stored in a
separate directory. For clarity and simplicity, I would propose putting
it in a separate directory in the gmxlib directory, as it is not
impossible that such functionality may be needed from mdrun as well.
Comments?