[gmx-developers] Question about MM point charges in QM/MM calculation

Gerrit Groenhof ggroenh at gwdg.de
Sat Jan 31 16:06:08 CET 2009

Hi,

We did a gmx-dftb interface that used function calls from the linked
dftb librarysome time ago. That was in 3.3.3, but I never found the
time to pt it in 4. ALso I remember some compilation issues with the
dftb code on 64 bit machines. I can send you the code if you're
interested.

For QM/MM the MM atoms are indeed set with the cut-off options.
Although for dftb it is not very difficult, I have never found the
time or need to complete the ewald implementation.  To avoid
duplications, I suggest we finish the PME implementation for the DFTB
code together. Contacting me off-list  is probably more convenient if
you are interested.

BEst,

Gerrit