[gmx-developers] rcoulomb, rlist

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 20:23:02 CET 2009

Berk,

> There is no water specific free-energy code.
> I also don't recall any other bugs than the one I mailed.

OK. I should probably also test whether results in 4.0 agree with
those from 3.3 (with PME bugfix) and 3.3.1.

> The one I mailed would actually be consistent with your observations.
> The bug causes atoms with qA=0,qB!=0 to be missing
> in the PME mesh part.
> If you use 0.9 iso 1.0 nm, more energy goes to the mesh part.
> If you are affected by the bug the shorter cut-off would
> give a larger discrepancy.

Doublechecked my topology. qA=0, qB=0. I'm attaching a tarball with my
top and gro files.

> Did you modify any code?

No.

> Or did you only do fancy topology stuff.

Yes, in that I modified the pairs list and nonbond_params sections to
maintain intramolecular vdW interactions.

Please see attached.

Thanks,
David