[gmx-developers] DCD / Licence

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Sat Jul 4 15:31:49 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Erik Lindahl <lindahl at cbr.su.se> wrote:

> 3) In the sake of fairness, I usually write a comment that since we got
> this code under an even more permissive license, anybody else in turn is
> allowed to use our modifications too under that license instead of GPL if
> they prefer to. Not necessary, but it's the decent thing to do, IMHO.

What do you mean with a comment? In the file? Do you want to Dual license
this one file?

My understand is: If it is under the GPL and not dual licensed than a
comment would not allow someone to use it in a BSD project. Because the
license would state something different then the comment.

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309