[gmx-developers] pdb2gmx segmentation fault

Michel Cuendet michel.cuendet at isb-sib.ch
Tue Jun 30 19:08:27 CEST 2009

Dear David,

Thanks for trying to reproduce this annoying SegFault. Yes, it works
fine with the 4.0.x releases, and it seems that the problem appeared
when the new residue numbering was introduced. I however need the
development version of gmx, because I'm testing the CMAP implementation
with charmm27.

I was really optimistic when I read your reply, so I immediately
downloaded the GIT version of today, compiled on the machines at hand,
and tested again with 2GUO_nowat.pdb.

Alas !

osx_gcc4.0.1 shared      : OK
i686_gcc4.2.4 shared     : SegFault     (chain A)
i686_gcc4.2.4 static     : SegFault     (chain A)
em64t_gcc3.4.6 static    : SegFault     (chain B)

This looks like a nasty, difficult to reproduce bug... It's annoying,
because I would need to produce topologies on a Linux machine, not on my
mac...

Thanks or your help,

Michel