[gmx-developers] preserving residue numbers

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Tue Mar 3 19:59:53 CET 2009

Hi,

one limitation is that currently both the residue number and the charge
group number have to be consecutive in the topology file. Thus if you have a
charge group that spans two residues, you need to reorder the atoms, so
that the atoms which are part of the spanning group are at the end/beginning
of the residue. And if you have a branched molecule - so that one residue
can have three spanning charge groups - it does not work. We ended up having
to set the residue number to 1 for the whole molecule.

Is this limitation, that residue and charge group have to be consecutive in
the topology, necessary?

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309