[gmx-developers] pdb2gmx

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Wed Mar 11 18:28:42 CET 2009

Tsjerk Wassenaar wrote:
> Hi Ran,
>
>> 2. How difficult is it to implement the possibility to choose (by the
>> user or automatically) which OD atom to protonate for ASPH or GLUH?
>> Right now it's not compatible with the FF files, but this is not the
>> main issue I guess.
>
> Of course that's just a matter of exchanging coordinates. I have a
> script doing that following checking with WHATCHECK. Of course, having
> pdb2gmx dealing with it would have some merits.

Doesn't pdb2gmx check for an (optimal?) H-bonding network for ASP and
GLU protonation?

Otherwise IMHO the issue is moot, since the group is rotatable, so both
oxygens are interchangable in the structure (and will swap during
simulation).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| / \ / \'| | | IBIVU/Bioinformatics - Free University  Amsterdam     |
|(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083A - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands  |
| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel +31 20 59 87783 - Fax +31 20 59 87653 - Room P136 |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "You Dirty Switch, You're On Again" (The Breeders)    |