[gmx-developers] Python interface for Gromacs

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sat Mar 28 09:58:22 CET 2009

Hi all

the intention of the xdrfile library is exactly that one can use it with
  different languages. We intend to open up the other libraries in the
same manner, although this will probably require installing gromacs anyway.

For people working on these things there is one caveat: interfaces may
change without forewarning, hence it would be good if these project are
coordinated on this mailing list, also to prevent double work.

Roland: you are welcome to fix the trr code in the libxdrfile source and
to add the python there as well. You could make a special directory for it.

We also were considering making a fortran interface for the library, and
if someone is interested to do this then we welcome any help.